Let's go racin'

7.23.2011

Today we took the boys to their first Nascar race. The Nationwide series was in town and we bought some cheap seats and decided to give it a go.  It's the first time in a looooong time we've been able to go places without packing the kitchen sink and so we're getting a little more adventurous.  We knew we weren't going to stay for the race (it was at 6:30 p.m.) so we thought we'd take the boys to watch qualifying and see how they did.  It was great!  I grew up going to races so I really love the sound of a loud engine and the smell of burning rubber. Strange I know, but I still do.  The boys were a little startled by the loudness at first, but then settled in and decided they kinda liked it. It was so fun--hysterical to watch their reactions to things (and to watch them "people watch")!  And there's always good people watching at a Nascar race.  They kept talking about Lightning McQueen--they were really hoping he was going to be in the race--so cute!!



I used to be Richard Petty's biggest fan--can you tell?



CD was not so sure about the noise.


CJ was a fan!





So classic, I finally get a picture with my boys and someone is picking a nose, HA!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment