Labor Day 5K and a celebrity sighting

9.04.2012


Hope you had a great Labor Day! Ours was so fun.  I've been training for the past few months for my first half marathon and decided it would be great practice to run a 5K to learn the "race day" routine.  So on Labor Day I ran my first one ever, the Franklin Classic.  My goal was to run it in under 30 minutes and I did it!  29:44 was my time, I barely slid by but I'm so happy with that.  For a girl who grew up never liking to run and be sweaty, I've come full circle.  It has become a passion--I'm addicted!  I love the crowds, the energy, and everyone cheering.  Such an awesome feeling. Mr. C ran too and pushed the boys in a jog stroller.  He's a trooper!

The boys also ran a 1K.  My oldest wasn't crazy about it and decided a piggy back ride was much more appealing.  My youngest loved it.  Here we are hoofing it across the 1K finish line!


In other exciting news, we've started shopping at Whole Foods as part of our healthy living initiative.  And guess who was there shopping with us Sunday...


Y'all know I love me a celebrity sighting and Mr. C and I were super excited to see Carrie Underwood in person.  And doing her own grocery shopping no less!! So impressed.  If I had a gajillion dollars I would send my trusty assistant.  And in case you're curious, she looked fabulous and was so darn pretty in person.  We may have waited in the parking lot in our truck and watched for her to exit the building.  Mr. C was seriously as giddy as I've ever seen him.  She was that fabulous.  The deets:  she was wearing a long tan print maxi dress, nude heels, and had her hair in a loose low bun.  (I will of course try to copy the bun, super cute on a humid day.)

Let me tell ya, it was a memorable weekend!


24 comments:

  1. OMG I love her!! you lucky girl.

    Congrats on your run, I also love to run. I have done a few 5K races, a 5 miles race and a 10 mile race but that is it. I was actually supposed to do The color in here in STL a couple of weekends ago but ended up going to cincinnati to visit some college friends that weekend. that is a really fun run, I bet there are coming to Nashville.

    I voted for your picture, did you win?? Also I know I am such a copy cat but I got your navy/white striped shorts from Old Navy. Every time I see you in those I just wanted them more and more!!

    Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps meant to say "The Color Run" here in STL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a super mom and an inspiration! Congratulations on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun!! Good job on running it in less than 30 minutes! You will do an awesome job on the half! When is the race? I always love your weekend posts! So envious of you and your star sighting too!! I adore Carrie Underwood!

    I agree with Jill and am loving your striped shorts and must get a pair for myself!

    Have a great Tuesday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO JEALOUS YOU GOT TO SEE CARRIE UNDERWOOD! And I'm also super happy you weren't one of those people that dashed up to her and begged for some sort of signed paraphernalia. You also look super FAB running that 5k--keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you saw Carrie! I am so jealous!! I love her!

    Great job with the 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, you guys look so cute! I love the piggy back style racing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your 5K, keep it up!!!
    I would be such a stalker if I lived in an area where celebrities lived!!! However I do have some celebrites as neighbors, the KY Headhunters live about a mile from me! The drummer and lead guitarist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep saying I want to run...I start and then stop! Totally could do it if someone carried me on their back:) Should have snapped some pics of CA! Totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous weekend!!!!! Maybe Ill learn to love running one day as you have!!! And Carrie Underwood in Wholefoods?! You lucky duck! I can't believe you didnt try to snap a photo!!! I simply love her!!! She is a prime example of how the girl next door can turn into... well the prettiest girl next door lol! At least when I look at her... I think... yea... if I had all that fame and fortune I'd be a bombshell too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang! Good for you with that 5K - and with a child on your back at that! Impressive :) I'm not a runner but I envy people who are.

    And that's so cool you saw Carrie - she's so pretty!

    I LOVED Franklin when I visited last fall. Gorgeous.

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS on finishing your first 5K...that's awesome!!! I'm sure it won't be your last, as once you start racing it becomes super addictive!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the 5K! That is awesome. I have done one once and it was a lot of fun, but I just can't bring myself to run in this heat. And NO WAY did you see Carrie!!! That is awesome. Were people bothering her or letting her be? I want to look just like her when I grow up!! GORGEOUS is an understatement. No pictures???
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the whole family running? Amazing!

    Stopping in from the weekend update link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the run! I did my first 5K back in February and now I'm training for a 1/2. Also pretty awesome that you saw Carrie. She's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the 5K, and that is SO amazing you saw Carrie....I would have been drooling!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  17. what?? she was just casually shopping and you happened to run into her, how cool!! and i love that you as a family did ran a race this week, that is just so awesome to me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a great time running the 5k! Your boys are so, so cute! It's on 'my list' this year to run a 5k- I'm determined to start ENJOYING running :) Anddd how awesome you saw Carrie Underwood?! That's so, so, sooooo awesome! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you love running! I never liked it, either, but have run two marathons in three years and am definitely missing my running during this pregnancy. I ran a half in Nashville when I was six months preggo with Molly!

    Ummm, I'm obsessed with Carrie Underwood. So glad you gave us the deets...I was dying to know!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't you just love Nashville? We saw her one night at Cheesecake Factory and she looked amazing! Congrats on the marathon. That's a great experience your kids will always remember. Yes, the syrup mess was out of control, but also pretty funny. I somehow got stuck having to clean it up. Men...LOL!!!
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. so awesome running a 5k! it's on my to-do list! thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on the 5k! and Ahh i love Carrie, awesome!

    xx
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  23. congratulations on the 5k! I adore Carrie! How fab is it that you saw her grocery shopping! xo

    ReplyDelete