This week's meal plan

7.08.2013

I've missed y'all! I have no excuses, just trying to keep up with a busy summer routine which means my poor blog gets neglected.

After doing a terrible job getting dinners on the table last week, I sat down this morning and actually looked at a few of the thousands of recipes I've pinned and never made.  I'm vowing to get some good meals on the table this week.

The plan:

Monday: Cheddar jalapeno chicken burgers (via What's Gaby Cooking) and oven baked fries

source
Tuesday: Greek chicken (via Savoring the Thyme) and roasted potatoes

source
Wednesday: Miso salmon and corn on the cob via Elise Bauer on Simply Recipes
This is an easy recipe with 4 ingredients: 2 tablespoons each of red miso, sake, sugar, and soy sauce. We never have sake and substitute either white wine or mirin (which I've read is too sweet as a substitute but it works for us).

source
Thursday: Chipotle grilled chicken tacos found via The Pioneer Woman's blog

source
Friday: Pasta and potatoes for some carb loading fun, marathon training on Saturday;)

This is ambitious since hot dogs and scrambled eggs have been happening lately so wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. Mouth Watering Meals. Great for any night of the week. I need that Greek chicken in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha good luck, girl! After a few nights of TV dinners and hot dogs, I finally made some "real" dinner tonight...thank you, trusty crock pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean! My faithful backup is Sloppy Joes!!! All these recipes looks delish!!! Now just one question will your boys eat this, because I know my picky kids wouldn't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cheddar jalapeno burgers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chicken burgers sounds amazing and I need to try that salmon recipe since I'm trying to make myself like salmon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try some of these recipes! They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's tough stuff trying to blog in the summer...it's an everyday struggle for me!! Now I need to get on the cooking bandwagon too...I have been a serious slacker in this department.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be over for Thursday's meal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, yum, yum!! Can you come cook for us too? :)

    ReplyDelete