- Last weekend was great! We went to a friend's birthday party, I shot some family pictures for a good friend (so fun!), and then we got our Christmas tree. Here she is! And thank you to the kind lady who offered to take our picture, I'm finally in one, yay!
- Thank you to my sweet blog friend Sara who sent me the prettiest notecards (that she made) -- gorgeous!
- Today I have an appointment with my orthopedic Dr. to go over the results of my MRI. You know what? I'm not even nervous. I know my knee is fine. I just know. Yesterday I ran the fastest mile of my life, a 7:19 (woohoo!). I know that's not fast for many, but I ran 12 minute miles in high school (not a fast girl here!) so that's an improvement. I have had great runs lately and finished a 6 miler on Sunday with almost no pain. I felt like doing cartwheels! I reeeeaaally want to run another half. The next one planned is in April, the St. Jude Country Music Half, and I'm planning to run the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington next fall (the WHOLE 26.2, eek!). I had hopes of running New York but I'm not likely to get in. But that's okay! I'm excited to get past this injury and train. It has become such an important part of my life and brings me so much joy. Plus it makes my jeans fit better. And workout clothes are comfy.
- I'm trying a new face cream, Korres wild rose. It has no chemicals, gets great reviews, and I hope I love it. I'll let you know!
- My Christmas cards are done and on their way--thank you to Sweet Birdie's Nest for creating my favorite card to date! Love.these.cards. Love!
- Did you see the thing on Pinterest about stringing your Christmas lights up and down the tree instead of all around? Since I'm the light hanger in my house I decided to try it and it worked so well! I finished in 3 seconds and wasn't covered in sap with pine needles in my pants. Thank you Pinterest. The boys selected colorful lights for the second year in a row. I prefer white, but it's not about me;)
- So excited for Christmas this year, the boys are so darling and it's funny to hear their little conversations about it. I need to start recording some of them!
- I want to spend a million dollars at JCrew. I can normally keep myself out of trouble by not going into the store but I stopped in last week and just wandered around daydreaming. I want to hug and kiss this plaid shirt. I did not leave with it, but I wanted to.
And this plaid skirt. Adorable.
Happy day friends! Linking with Shanna for Random Wednesday!