Skincare regimen

2.28.2013


I love reading posts about skincare products and makeup (most recently Christina's and Katie's) because I often discover new products to try.  Today I'm sharing my skin care favorites. Make-up faves soon to follow!

I'm no expert but I have tried many, many, many different products. When I was pregnant I began looking for products with fewer chemicals and often found I hated them! I'm not totally chemical free but have discovered a couple of brands (Korres and Josie Maran) I love that are formulated without parabens, sulfates, pthalates, and all the nasties.

Mac Cremewash: Not chemical free but very mild and effective.  It removes my makeup easily and leaves my skin feeling clean. I use it with a Clarisonic Mia. My face has always liked Mac products.

Josie Maran Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40+ sunscreen: I started wearing sunscreen daily just last year (gasp, I know, should have started way sooner). In the past sunscreens always made my sensitive skin break out.  This one is lightweight, not greasy, and works really well (I use it at the beach as well).  It has no nasty chemicals and I wish I had found it years ago. One bottle lasted 10 months!

Korres Wild Rose 24 hour moisturizing and brightening cream: I really love this moisturizer.  It is very smooth and creamy and just the perfect consistency for my skin.  Moisturizes really well and doesn't leave me shiny.

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-aging and anti-wrinkle eye cream: My eyes are extremely sensitive. Most eye creams make my eyes sting and burn. This one is very lightweight but works well under my concealer and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Will it make my wrinkles magically disappear? I doubt it, but I still am in love with it.

Benefit It's Potent! Eye cream: This one came in my Birchbox and I've nearly used it all.  It's mild, doesn't irritate my eyes, and is a good basic cream. Not chemical free, but you can't win them all.

Happy Thursday friends, this girl is looking forward to Friday:)

7 comments:

  1. Very cool!!
    I too have used many face care products because its so hard to find something that works!! Have you heard of perfectly posh? I started working for them last year and its organic, gluten/soy/paraben free and sls free as well! I think you would like them! Let me know if you'd like some samples :-)
    www.perfectlyposh.us/TJLundin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of that moisturizing cream! I too should have started wearing spf daily a lot sooner- I actually have Stephen wearing a daily sunscreen now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My face loves Mac too :) Let me know if you find anything to make wrinkles magically disappear! Thanks for sharing these! I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac KILLS my face!! I wish it didn't, but I can't use any of their facial stuff. I just started using Rodan + Fields unblemish 60 Day program. I am hoping that it is a miracle like they say it is. If so, you WILL see a LOOOOOOOONG blog post about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing what friends are using on their face. I'm getting ready to replace my facial cleanser and will be trying the Mac for sure. I also use a Mia so I wanted to find another cream/foaming cleanser. I wish I could find an eye cream to help with these fine lines that are magically appearing, boo!! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I'll have to look into that moisturizing and brightening cream! I like the sound of that and love Korres products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve tried many different products as well. And I think what’s good with such practice is you get to find which cream or toner is best for your skin. It takes a lot of courage for a girl to do that! I just immediately stop the moment I feel some unusual reaction on my skin. Plus, it gives me the luxury to compare results and ingredients. On that note, I’d give the Mac Cremewash a try. :* -->Carmelia

    ReplyDelete