I have a nice big laundry room that has been an eye sore for 2 years. I spend a LOT of time in this room and decided it needed to be a more inviting little space. I cannot get laundry washed and put away fast enough to keep it tidy and desperately needed some shelves and storage. Mr. C came to the rescue! He is quite the carpenter when he needs to be and built a lovely set of shelves for me, as well as a hidden shelf under the counter that will hold 5 laundry baskets!
Before: (I know, don't judge, I live with 3 boys.)
I tried to use what I had so the color scheme just sort of evolved. I already had Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray paint, Alabaster white paint (cabinets and shelves), and the navy blue bins (Target). I happened to find a rug at TJ Maxx with those colors that helped tie things together. The only real expense was the wood for the shelves that Mr. C built.
- Painted the grody yellowish cabinets Alabaster white by Sherwin Williams
- Painted the walls Comfort Gray by Sherwin Williams
- Used my favorite Lowe's drop cloths to make skirts for the tables to hide storage
- New rug from TJ Maxx
- New hardware from Hobby Lobby
- Re-did a faux Roman Shade that was once in my kitchen
Done! So happy with it. On to the next project!