Book Review

8.09.2012

I was afraid to put the name of this book in my blog post title in case anyone has read it--eek!  I picked up Bared to You at Costco last week because the back cover hooked me.  It was compared to Fifty Shades (which I loved) so I thought I'd give it a try.

This one kept me turning pages, BUT....it's very dirty and very crude.  If you thought Fifty Shades was bad, well, this book makes that one look tame.  I thought it was kind of a rip off of Fifty, actually, with a few character alterations.  I did a lot of eye-rolling while reading this, it was just too over the top.  The characters weren't nearly as relatable and the bad bad language was just unnecessary to the story.  So.. here's your fair warning, this is one dirty book!

I've bookmarked these to read and downloaded Seating Arrangements.

I read Where We Belong by Emily Giffin recently and loved it.

So, recommendations welcome--what are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. My book club just decided to read Dare Me by Megan Abbott. I may have asked you this before, but have you read The Lost Wife? It was my favorite this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you reviewed Bared to You! I have been going back and forth on weather or not I should read it! Thanks girl!!! We should start a book club when I move to Franklin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously can't help but laugh at this post!!! You dirty little mommy! Bhahaha!!! I can't imagine this book being ever more dirty than 50 Shades!! Oh, how I did love that Christina Grey! Thanks for the review....I will be sure to save a few dollars! ;)
    Shanna
    Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you posted about this book because I'm another one that was on the fence about it!!! Have you heard of Gone Girl? I've heard it's really good! I'm starting it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you did this review! I had read that it was similar to 50 Shades and thought about reading it but will most likely not do so now. 50 Shades was enough for me, don't get me wrong Christian was fabulous, but I don't care for more than he offered :) I am reading Gone Girl now that you had recommended - loving it so far but it is harder to get into. Hope you are having a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Elin Hilderbrand - great choice! Reading Gone Girl now, loved The Paris Wife and recently finished 7, by Jen Hatmaker. Very thought provoking!

    {Just recently started reading along, so if you've already read these - Sorry!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. The darlings is on my list too

    ReplyDelete