Updates: life lately

11.20.2012

Hey friends! The kiddos are out of school which will probably mean less blogging this week. But here's what's up in my neck of the woods.

I made Ina Garten's cinnamon sugar donuts from her cookbook Foolproof for a super fun girls' night on Saturday.  Can I just say how much I love Ina? I know we all do! They were delicious (best straight out of the oven, but so yummy with coffee the next morning:).  I have a feeling my new mini donut pan is going to replace my cupcake pan for favorite sweet treats.  I have visions of the kids adding sprinkles, icing and decorating them fun ways! These were a hit at my house.  Would you like the recipe? I'll post it soon (hopefully later today or tomorrow:).


Some OOTD's:
I picked up a cute sweater at Forever 21.


I wore my hot pink plaid flannel with a pony print scarf.


And I broke out the heart sweater for dinner with the neighbors.


I also finished this book, finally... Pictures of You by Caroline Leavitt.

I must be honest, I did not enjoy reading this book.  I finally made it to the halfway point and then felt I needed to finish it, but it was very slow for me and I didn't relate to any of the characters.  I didn't feel invested enough in them to want to know what happened next, if that makes sense.  Disappointing for me because I enjoy page turners but this wasn't one.

Now I'm on to find my next book and I'm struggling to make a decision. Recommendations welcome:)  I've saved about 30 books in my GoodReads "to read" shelf and I can't make a decision!

****

On a more serious note, I feel I must share this.  I know it seems weird at the end of a frivolous post but it continues to weigh on my mind.  My husband and his family lost a close family/childhood friend yesterday. A girl he grew up with, spent vacations with, and sailed with lost her battle with cancer.  She leaves behind 2 precious children, a husband, and my heart hurts for her family and friends.  I hope you'll hug those you love today a little bit tighter and remember to make them feel cherished.

{source}

10 comments:

  1. I'm keeping your family and friends in my thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep your family friends in my thoughts & prayers, that is so sad. Love all your outfits though and the donuts are really speaking to me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great outfits as always! Love the heart sweater! Those donuts look so tasty!! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Makes us realize how precious life is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those donuts look delicious!

    So sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those donuts look sooo good! So sorry for your family's loss. I have a special place for those who have watched a loved one battle cancer and lose. Or did they lose? No doubt we did here on earth. We lost someone dear. But they've experienced victory that we can't even comprehend here on earth. They are healed and perfect again in heaven :) God is good. He set them up for victory either way, a cure or heaven. The fight wasn't for nothing. Prayers go out to that sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad about that precious Mama! I cannot imagine that being my life! Jen said it best in the comment above. Can't wait to try that yummy recipe for doughnuts. They are so pretty too! Love the pony scarf! Cute! I bought a new scarf today now I just need lessons on tying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can go ahead and send me some of those doughnuts :) And that heart sweater while you are it haha

    So sorry to hear of your loss, prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss :(

    I want a heart sweater! I need to find one, and love the pink plaid, I want that too! :) Homemade donuts... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love all your OOTD's! That heart sweater is too cute! You always have the best outfits! So sorry for your loss. Tomorrow is never promised. Thinking of you and your family during this time. :(
    Talk soon,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for your loss and those sweet children without their momma. We will say some prayers for peace and healing!

    Love that leopard sweater. I always forget about f21, I need to make a trip!

    ReplyDelete