Weekend Recap: Birthday edition

7.30.2012

Boy did we  have a fun weekend!  Before I get started, I'm guest posting for the first time ever over at Andrea's blog, The Blonde Ambitions.  Super exciting for me!  I love Andrea's blog--she's a sweetheart and I don't go a day without checking her blog.  Lots of fashion, delicious recipes, and all around fun inspiration--go check it out!

Now for the weekend recap.  Please tell me you watch American Pickers on the History Channel?



Saturday evening I took Mr. C to Red Pony for his birthday dinner and while waiting for our table, Mike Wolfe from American Pickers walked in with his girlfriend and another friend (who google tells me is a local musician and is filming something with Mike).  Cue my husband and I giggling like teenagers and telling each other to be cool.  We composed ourselves and did not approach him (although I reeeeaaaallly wanted to!).  Oh well!  I'm such a fan of the show.

Our dinner (shrimp and grits for me of course and an amazing special for Mr. C) was wonderful as always.  I wish I could share a picture but I could not get my nerve up to snap one.  I'm such a chicken!

There was also a bluegrass festival going on in downtown Franklin and we caught a little of it.  Old cars, pickin', cotton candy, snow cones, blow up monkeys (??), all the good fair stuff.  Here's a look:


*We couldn't resist bringing home some blow up monkeys.  The boys LOVED them.

*Totally unrelated but the picture of the boys is from our Sunday bike ride, my rascals are getting SO big.

And finally, our sweet nieces and nephews sent Mr. C a special message:


Cutest.thing.ever.

Sorry to be a little all over the place today. We really had a fun weekend and don't have too much planned this week thankfully.  Happy Monday!


8 comments:

  1. That is one cute Happy Birthday message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love the monkey pic, and a bluegrass festival sounds awesome :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Mr. C had a good bday weekend! I don't watch American Pickers, but if I did I would've acted the same way you did upon seeing him! I love celeb sightings. Also - love the sweet message from the nieces and nephews!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous weekend!!!! You guys are too adorable!!! And Im loving the blown up monkeys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend!! And I always geek out when I run into someone famous...that is so awesome you guys saw him!! Going to check out your guest post now! I love Andrea!! Have a great week, Courtney!!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all - jealous of your meal at Red Pony! :) Second - we are planning on going to Mike's Antique Shoppe downtown on our next visit!!! I am so jealous you ran into him!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend! We love American Pickers too! Thanks so much for posting for me today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw what a great birthday weekend! I live and work in Hollywood so I randomly see celebs all the time. Earlier this month I was in the elevator with Michael Vartan. I love him. Have loved him since Alias and Never Been Kissed. I wanted to say something so bad but I pretended not to know who he was. Or so I think...pretty sure my eyes bulged outta my head when he held the elevator door for me lol!

    ReplyDelete