Scenes from the weekend

10.15.2012

Weekends fly by, do they not?  Here's what's been going on here...

I finally wore my peter pan collar shirt to family pizza night on Friday.  This is the reality of trying to take a picture of myself (which is already awkward) while 3 wild boys are in the house.  Take 1;  The hubs decides to do his Risky Business dance.


Take 2.  My children show up to imitate him.  Who's the grown up here?


I tried to do the black dress/brown boot look (thanks Pinterest) on Sunday. My boots are 10 year old JCrew specials and they are a little orangie but I tried.

And....
1.  I found a wine I'm excited to try--named for my birth year, ha!  So old!!  I hope it's good!
2.  New chairs!!!! Finally, we are close to finishing my living room.  It's so overdue.  I'll have a little before and after later this week.  We're not done yet, but close.  It is amazing how giddy a new chair makes me.  I seriously love sitting in this chair!  And we have 2!  Come over for tea please!
3.  A little DIY action.  I really like this on my door but I'm not wild about the font on the C.  I may change it, it was so easy to make.
4.  Stella & Dot spikes.  I've wanted these forever, so glad I pulled the trigger because I LOVE them.

Back to pizza night... we found a New York style pizza place that my husband loves (I do too:) and we go almost every Friday.  Pepperoni for the little boys, eggplant/basil/ricotta for the big people.  So good!


And finally, remember last week when I told you I got the hair donut?  I loved it!  It does make an enormous bun, but..it makes my hair look thick and it's a nice change from the pony tail.  I liked it.  (p.s. that's not lint on my sweater, it's toothpaste on the kids' bathroom mirror, so hard to keep clean!:)


I hope you had a great weekend, can't wait to see what you guys have been up to!  Linking with friends.

21 comments:

  1. Your peter pan collar outfit is the cutest! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Peter pan outfit and I desperately want that bun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top! The pics are priceless. I'm intrigued by the adults' side of the pizza. Never had eggplant on a pizza, but it sounds great. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! What a great way to start my Monday! Love your peter pan top and that Mr C and the boys are dancing around in the pictures makes it even better! Love your Pinterest inspired outfit with the black/brown. It looks great! I need to try your wine recommendation, love your DIY, that chair is perfection and I love the spikes you ordered from S&D! I am definitely getting a sock bun! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower from the Weekend Linkup!! If there was an award for cutest family- you would win, hands down! I just saw all of your Halloween costumes and OMG they are adorable!! And your hair donut/bun- I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need the hair donut!!! So cute! And I love the black dress and boots!! And hilarious photos with your boys! Fun seeing you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your OOTD pictures! The boys really add a little something something! So funny!

    I really need to try to the hair donut! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you love the hair donut! I'm wearing mine today. It's so awesome! Looks like y'all had a great weekend! Here's wishing you a lovely week!
    Cheers,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so I'm totally giddy over everything in this post. You're too cute! Love the bun and all the outfits and do you want to make me one of those monogrammed door decorations?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. first you did a great job recreating the pin, I love the black/brown combo. Your peter pan shirt is darling I am obsessed with them right now!!

    I always love a good wine recommendation and I have that S and D bracelet and I think I wear it everyday!!

    Happy Monday!! Oh and I love that you did a bun lower, I need to try that:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your Pinterest recreation is great!! Love that DIY too, those would be great Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, these pictures cracked me up!!! I am so glad you posted them!!! Those boys of yours ROCK!!! LOL!! Too funny! And I pinned that outfit too! LOVE IT and you look just as fab! Annnnnd, I need you to do a tutorial on the donut...is it hard? I want one but my hair is super thin and was worried it wouldn't work with one. Yours looks so classy!!! thanks for the sweet comment today! Love ya, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your black & brown outfit - SO cute! And so amazing that J. Crew boots last 10 years! Your family is the cutest...and so is that DIY :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your blog! I'm following you on GFC :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That outfit is FABULOUS. I love the recreation! And your bun is also to die for...you are just the cutest thing! Love all of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your peter pan collared shirt AND you rock the bun well!!! Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the mirrors (and windows) in my house look like that. I told KEv for christmas I wanted a Molly Maid just to come one time so I can relish in a super duper clean house for about 5 minutes. All your looks this weekend were cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVING your outfits and the hair donut! I'm not sure if my hair is long enough to pull it off yet but I'm gonna try ;) Your outfits are super cute as always and I'm loving the appearances of all the boys in your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love so much about this - the peter pan collar is fab (and your boys are hilar!), your Pinterest inspired black + brown combo is gorgeous (so happy that your J.Crew boots are still going strong!), and I hadn't thought of wearing my hair donut in a low bun like that... great inspiration!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love that black dress and tan boots, your boots look similar to the pinterest one! and your sock bun is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Peter Pan Collar shirt- I've been wanting to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete