Tasty Tuesday: Lemon bowtie pasta with asparagus and tomatoes

10.16.2012

I love asparagus.  In fact I'm a bit obsessed with veggies right now (hopefully that will counterbalance my other obsession with wine and beer:)


Mr. C and I attended a little party on Sunday night and I made this pasta for our sidedish (via Pinterest of course).  I always stress out a bit about food that will travel well and so I thought this was a safe bet.  Plus it was easy and I could make it in advance.  I loved it!  It tasted so fresh and yummy and lite.  Very tasty (although Mr. C suggested bacon would be a nice addition.)


Adapted from A Big Mouthful

12 oz farfalle (bowties)
1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lemon, zested and juiced
4 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 handful fresh parsley, minced
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano

Bring 2 pots of water to boil.  In one, cook pasta according to directions.  Drain.  In the other, add asparagus and blanch (about 2-3 minutes).  Place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process (and keep them green).

Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.  Stir in bowties, vegetables, and parsley. Sprinkle with parmigiano reggiano.  Can be served warm or cold.

Again, it was yummy -- and simple!  Linking with Tasty Tuesdays.

12 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I always worry about that too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh YUM! That looks fabulous...I have so many recipes I want to make soon, and this definitely just got added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with asparagus in it has to be good. Thanks for sharing this with everyone! I will have to give it a try.

    Found your page from 33 Shades of Green Party. Am now following your blog and facebook.
    Cynthia at Feeding Big

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! I'm with you...I always stress about food that needs to travel. This travels well, sounds delish and is easy to make. Check, check and check! I'm adding this one to my recipe box! Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm this looks so delicious! Will definitely be trying this recipe out! Happy Tuesday, xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!!! This has all of the things I love in it! I can't wait to try this! Your food photography is gorgeous as well!! Hope you have a great day Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, this looks RIGHT up my ally!! I'm definitely going to be trying this. And I'm going to go ahead and say that yes, veggies do counterbalance wine and beer obsessions. At least for me they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks absolutely delicious! I need to make this soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks yum! I love dishes are aren't too heavy and this one looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this dish looks fabulous!! i love the freshness and lightness of using lemon in pasta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, that looks good!! What is it with men and bacon?! Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete