Whirlwind

2.14.2011

Okey Dokey, lots to tell so here we go!
1.   Saturday had Tom and Tina over for dinner. Tom works with Big C.  They are a super nice couple and have 2 grandsons so they were like professionals here with these boys.  My often shy little CJ just came right out of his shell and was Mr. Talkative.  CD was in show-off mode too!  Mr. Tom is a neat guy and Mrs. Tina is a sweetheart.  We had a wonderful dinner!

2.   Sunday we skipped church.  Our whole family was coughing this weekend so we decided to spare our fellow churchgoers and stay home.  We needed to rest.  Sunday night we went out to eat at Carrabba’s, a little family Valentine’s dinner.  Had a blast! The boys were great, ate lots, and then we went for ice cream! Doesn’t get any better than that.

3.   This morning CJ had a dentist appointment. It was his first (I know, he should've been by now but we’re a little behind schedule due to the move last summer).  Anyways, if you’ve never been to the dentist with a toddler you're missing out.  He did great, he just doesn’t like to lay flat on his back.  The poor thing must have abs of steel because he was in this half sit-up position for the longest time, he RE-fused to lay down!  Thankfully pediatric dentists deal with this every day and it was no sweat.  There were girls coming from every direction, holding up monkeys, swinging tv’s around closer, passing out balloons, etc.  I thought, Am I at the circus or the dentist? It was quite entertaining and I was impressed!  Long story short, the kid has great teeth and the dentist’s staff is probably exhausted (yet very talented).

4.   The Dr. was nice enough to give CD a quick exam as well.  He too passed with flying colors, he has great “teeps”.

5.   Today is Valentine’s Day, hello.  We’ve been running so fast this morning we nearly forgot.  Husband and I don’t go all out for Valentine’s Day typically, just a nice dinner and some candy for the kiddos (which we kinda did last night).  Though this year the boys and I did get Daddy a nice surprise, we’ll share tomorrow! Fun fun!

6.   Now we have a few more errands to run and my head is just spinning! Laundry is piled up to the ceiling and I’d better get started.  I will probably not finish till next Monday as usual. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!












1 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney! I just saw through my site stats that you have my blog on your blogroll and I am just so honored. I wanted to stop in and say hello! Your boys are just so handsome and may I say, the best dressed little boys I've ever seen! What a beautiful family. I'm going to add to you my Google Reader!

    ~Bri~

    ReplyDelete