Randomville

6.27.2012




Since I got my iPhone I've kind of been ignoring my Nikon. The iPhone is so easy to whip out at a moment's notice. But yesterday I loaded up the real camera and my 2 favorite boys, headed to the park, and shot a few summer pictures.  I'm having such a fun summer with these guys!  No camp, no schedule, no plans, just figuring out the days as they come.  We try to go on one little adventure a day.  Good times!
And I'm adding photography class to my Fall bucket list. 

Last week I mentioned a Gap maxi skirt that I was loving. Well, I just couldn't figure out how to wear it. Every time I put it on I felt like a fortune teller. I returned it and got this maxi dress instead. Found it in Nordstrom's junior department and it's so comfy!

The hubs and I cannot stop eating Trader Joe's chocolate almond biscotti.  It is the perfect evening treat.


I'm loving Clinique's long last glosswear in Bonfire. It's a very glossy, pretty neutral color and it has no smell or taste (a pet peeve of mine!). New summer fave!

8 comments:

  1. Love the new maxi dress! I bet it will look great on you! You took great pictures of your boys. I took a photography class a few years ago with my Nikon and really enjoyed it. I learned a lot about the camera and how to use all of its settings to make pictures better. I definitely recommend it! I am very excited because we are finally getting a Trader Joe's here in San Antonio in October. I have heard so many great things about them and can't wait! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are too cute! And absolutely love that black maxi - looks so stylish and so comfy :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute maxi - I'll need to start checking out the Nordstroms Juniors department :) And yes, that TJ's biscotti is to die for!

    I know what you mean about the iPhone being way easier, but as your photos above prove, larger cameras just capture the moment so much better! Those pics of your boys are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was totally thinking the same thing about my Canon. Most of the pictures from our vacation are on my IPhone. I am signed up for a photography class (internet class) with Mary Moment Photography. It's only $50, starts July 13th. So excited. It's more of a class for mom's with dslr's that don't necessarily know how to make the most of their photos. Check her out on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to take a class too! Those pictures of the boys are so good. I am horrible about using my Canon too. Dress is cute- perfect for date night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to squeeze your boys! The pics are amazing! I need a new camera AND photography lessons! I just get so overwhelmed with all the cameras....so many to choose from.
    -Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweetest pictures ever of your boys!! You should be a professional photographer!! I am loving that maxi dress so cute!! I am obsessed with the Trader Joes double chocolate biscotti, OMG it is so good!!

    I know a couple of posts back you said you started Gone Girl, what do you think?? My sister is in town and cannot stop talking about that book, she just loved it, (and some of it takes place in good Ol Missouri) I just ordered it from Amazon

    Happy hump day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos!!! Loving the maxi dress you picked up!!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete